CNC Machined Alloy Steel Retainer for the Aerospace Industry
Accurate Threaded Products completed this precision CNC machining project for a customer in the aerospace industry. This steel retainer is designed for use in a high tolerance aircraft engine assembly. It is machined from AMS 6322 steel and measures 1.430" in diameter by 0.505" in length. The retainer was turned and milled on our precision CNC machining equipment to tolerances of ±0.001". We specialize in providing custom high precision work to customers in the aerospace, defense, and commercial industries.
After machining, the retainer was ground in our centerless grinder, heat treated, marked for traceability, and plated with cadmium plating per AMS 2400 specifications. The plated retainer has a minimum surface finish of 125 RMS. Dimensional and visual inspections as well as hardness testing were performed on the retainer to ensure that all customer specifications were met. We produced 141 of these steel retainers with a total lead time of 6-8 weeks to our customer in Atlanta, GA. For more information about this precision CNC machining project, see the table below, or contact us directly.
Highlights of this Precision CNC Machining Project
- Product Description
- This Retainer is used in a high tolerance aircraft engine assembly.
- Precision CNC Machining Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Matsuura Vertical Milling Center, CNC Nakamura Turning Center, Brown & Sharpe OD Grinder, SIC Dot Peen Engraver
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Ø 1.430" Diameter x 0.505" Length
- Tightest Tolerances
- ± 0.001"
- Material Used
- AMS 6322
- Material Finish
- Cadmium Plate per AMS 2400 (0.0003 - 0.0005 Thick), 125 RMS
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Dimensional Inspection, Visual Inspection, Hardness Testing
- Industry for Use
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 6 - 8 Weeks
- Delivery Location
- Atlanta, GA
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications
- Product Name